Loading...

Sunday, 6 March 2011

Radio Show

Quite recently, I was the featured guest on the Supa Fine Sessions on IC Radio hosted by DJ Speedy and it was a lot of fun. It would be my first radio interview so when I was contacted about doing it, the excitement surged through me, there was no way that I could say no. The day was spent filled with a lot of anticipation. As I finished work and made my way over to the studio on the tube, running a little bit late, I was already practising my radio voice in my head, which was probably a bad idea considering I sounded like a cross between Mr. T and Trevor McDonald (imagine). So I stuck to my normal voice.
As I left the station at 5:55pm, with only 5 mins to spare, as I was supposed to be coming on to do a live performance at 6pm, I had no idea where I was going. I luckily bumped into a map that pointed me in the right direction, and then as I got closer, I bumped into to a random person who pointed me in the wrong direction (Why do people give wrong directions? There's nothing wrong with not knowing, just say you don't know!). After trying to call the studio and not being able to get through, I ran around like a headless chicken, probably to the amusement of passers by, and then asked a delivery driver (note to self: delivery people are the best to ask for directions) who showed me exactly where the studio was. I eventually ran in, tapped the door of the studio much to the surprise of DJ Speedy, who probably thought I decided not to come (as if), and ended up having a great time on the show.
Supa Fine Sessions on IC Radio mainly features UK artists, so its a great place to hear the UK's finest on the music scene, from hip hop, to rnb, neo soul and more. It was a great show, chilling out to the likes of Nathan Watson, Sarina Leah, Mangaliso Asi, Cherri Prince, Rox and so much more. A good way to relax after a hard days work.
If you want to listen back to the show, you can listen again on: http://www.icradio.com/schedule/227182 (My interview and live poetry performance starts from around the one hour mark).

Enjoy it!

No comments:

Post a Comment