Loading...

Sunday, 8 January 2012

This Is Life: Burkina Faso

It's been a while since I've blogged. I've have been concentrating on other pursuits, which unfortunately didn't leave me with enough time to come onto this platform and pour my thoughts out, despite the many things that have been happening. Nonetheless, the reason has brought me here is better than most. 
Today, I will be boarding a plane to Burkina Faso, where will be spending a significant time on a volunteer development program with the organisation International Service ( http://www.internationalservice.org.uk/ ).
My heart is overflowing with excitement and anticipation. I'm really excited about the work that we'll be doing on this project (You can find out more on the website).


The hardest thing about preparing to leave is packing. Yes, packing is the Achilles heel of my existence, however, I'm almost done.  Almost. I need to find the one person in the world who enjoys packing, and request their expertise, whilst I stand back, watching and taking notes







I've packed a few books with me for some light reading, yes, just a few. The Sirius Mystery, The Book Of Five Rings, The Iliad, Ancient Egypt & Black Africa, The 50th Law, Manual Of The Warrior Of Light, The Tipping Point, When God Was A Woman, and The Wretched Of The Earth. This should provide lots of intellectual stimulation, however, on nights where this may not suffice, I will no doubt end up gazing at the stars, re-naming constellations to those dearest. 




As I end this to finish packing, this song plays on repeat. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n07fYrgfeMk

Stay tuned on more installments to come. Enjoy the song.


I'm leaaaaaving. Peace. I'll be back. 




2 comments:

  1. How long will you be in Burkina?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking forward to hearing about your experiences. Rob

    ReplyDelete