Loading...

Saturday, 9 June 2012

London - New Poem


London. For the longest time, I've wanted to write a poem about London but I struggled to find the words. It was only after I returned from my trip to Burkina Faso, that I managed to pen this and capture what I consider London to be. I guess when you step outside of the circumstance you are in, it gives you a great sense of perspective.
I think London is a beautiful city. Sometimes we take the diversity for granted; the different cultures, the people, the experiences, the stories. I was on the train the other day, and I saw such a mix of people I felt quite fortunate. I thought to myself, there must be so many stories on this train, just this train alone, so many stories of hope, fear, courage, failure, success, triumph through adversity and all sorts, but will these stories ever be told?
With the every day hustle and bustle of London, it becomes so easy to lose sight of the bigger picture, to lose sight of yourself, so more often than not, the mist starts to rise, and our vision becomes less clear discouraging us in the process. However, when Londoners are inspired, like when it's a sunny day, you can see the happiness on everyone's faces. It's as if London goes from grey to colour. I feel London needs to go from corporate (grey) to compassion (colour). So I wrote this poem... 


I hope you enjoy. The picture, which inspired me, was taken by a friend of mine (shout out to Fifi) and the music in the poem was produced by my creative collaborator Josh Jarvis (another JJ - shout out to him). Thanks for listening. Share, comment and subscribe. Let me know what you think.

I'll be bringing out a lot more poetry in the next few weeks so stay tuned. Peace!

No comments:

Post a Comment